The Bordeaux Vignoble Engagé Trophies is not a certification or a label but rather a distinction awarded by a press company. However, this distinction can act as a certification or a label for the end consumer when making a purchase decision.
This distinction is awarded annually jointly by the Bordeaux Wine Interprofessional Council (CIVB), the Terre de Vins company and the Sud Ouest press group. These trophies are intended to distinguish the various environmental initiatives within the Bordeaux vineyards. The ceremony is broadcast live on the internet in order to reach as wide an audience as possible.
b) Main guidelines
There are 5 main categories and 2 special prizes which are all governed by specific logics:
1/ The 5 categories
- “Empreinte”: for the reduction of the environmental footprint
- “Vivre ensemble”: for human-friendly practices
- “Faune et Flore”: for the protection of biodiversity
- “Nature et Respect”: for the sustainable reduction of pesticides
- “Innovation et Avenir”: for innovative practices and research
2/ The 2 special prizes
- ‘Démarche collective’ : which rewards the commitment of an entire professional organization (interprofession, appellation, etc.)
- ‘Vigneron Engagé’: which rewards the initiative of a particular winegrower
c) An example of a certified winery in Bordeaux
The Vignoble Milhade in the Bordeaux region has received the 2022 ‘Empreinte’ distinction for its work centered around reducing its environmental footprint.
Follow me on my Social Media
Wine is a gourmet treasure, do not abuse alcohol!
None of this content has been sponsored
I did not receive any gifts or free samples that could be related to this article